Yamaha hour meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha hour meter

I just purchased a Yamaha hour meter, p/n 6Y7-83504-10-00, for my Ranger with 150 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Yellow, green and black wires.
    I just had my 1 year service on the rig and the motor has 41 hours.
    I would like to "put" 41 hours on the hour meter to have an sync'd with the motor.
    Is there an easy way to "put" 41 hours on the meter???
    I thought I could just connect to a battery and that would work. But that doesn't work UNLESS I did it wrong.
    HELP.
    captron

Originally posted by captron945 View Post
    I just purchased a Yamaha hour meter, p/n 6Y7-83504-10-00, for my Ranger with 150 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Yellow, green and black wires.
    I just had my 1 year service on the rig and the motor has 41 hours.
    I would like to "put" 41 hours on the hour meter to have an sync'd with the motor.
    Is there an easy way to "put" 41 hours on the meter???
    I thought I could just connect to a battery and that would work. But that doesn't work UNLESS I did it wrong.
    HELP.
    captron
    It should work if wired correctly.

I suspect black is ground and the other two for the actual time and one to light the instrument. The light would come on instantly when hooked up (if correct) and the timer would obviously take time to click over...

If a wiring diagram didn't come with the unit, you check the plug end on the boat harness itself. Check for the wire that's hot when the key is turned on, that'll be the correct wire to hook to the positive side of the battery..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X