clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking noise

I have a 200hp 1995,eventually I started to have hard siffting and a clicking noise with no engaging at all reverse.So i decided to change the cable controls and sure help a lot.But still when the motor is cold I am getting the noise and not a good reverse.Then it works perfect many times on reverse no noise and good thrust on that position.Is this a sign of faulty lower unit in the near future I changed the lower unit oil with very few metal parts.Thank you.

Doc,
    Check the cable connections at the motor - put the motor in reverse (motor off) and loosen the connection for the shift rod to see if you can move the shift rod further into reverse by hand - if so, then you need to adjust shift cable.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

This may raise an eyebrow, but check to make sure nothing is blocking the mechanicals. I had taken one of my boats into a shop once, and the mechanic dropped a bolt. It ended up lodging in the area of the mecanical arm blocking it. This was at the very bottom at the front of the engine.

Also, the proper method of checking for remote control shift alignment is in the service manual.

Comment

Working...
      X