New Gauge installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gauge installation

I am in the process of installing a new F25SEA in my boat with a multifunction tach. I bought the kit but the motor does not have tilt/trim function so the harness from the tach to the motor is not necessary. My question is this: Could that harness still transmit the oil temp data if I plugged it in where where the oil temp connection is just above the oil light in the motor? Probably a foolish idea but thought I would ask.
    Tuckerboy

There is an off white colored 4 prong square connector on engine with a cap in it, remove the cap and connect harness from tach to that connector for oil and overheat warning lights in tach to work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      There is an off white colored 4 prong square connector on engine with a cap in it, remove the cap and connect harness from tach to that connector for oil and overheat warning lights in tach to work.
      Great, thanks. Actually that off white connector on mine does not have a cap, it has a male and female part just like on the harness and it goes to the warning lights on the front of the engine and sits just above the warning lights. The tech at Yamaha was not sure that would work, the tech at the place I bought the tachometer from thought I would ruin something by doing it although it made perfect sense to me. If I disconnect that and hook in my harness from the tach it seems logical that it would work.
      Tuckerboy
      Last edited by tuckerboy; 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

http://cruisinghouseboat.blogspot.com/
        The first entry on this blog is a picture of my F25 and if you clik twice on the pic you can see the connector clearly, I am hoping that I can unplug the part that goes to the oil lite and plug in the connector from the harness to the tach,
        tuckerboy
        Last edited by tuckerboy; 09-04-2011, 10:45 PM. Reason: wrong picture

Comment

Working...
        X