150hp 4 stroke squeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150hp 4 stroke squeal

I have a 2004 150 hp Yamaha 4 stroke with 130 hours. At idle it has developed an intermittent squealling noise. It is not very loud. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and what the solution is? Besides the intermittent squeal the outboard has been flawless.

Jaymc

Looking at your post, and I have the same engine
    and the same squealing sound. It's not all the time and it's when I am running the motor around 3000 rpm, then it goes away. I was thinking it maybe just the water running through cooling the engine. Anyhow, the engine is under warranity, and I will have it checked out that the end of the season.

Comment

Jay and SeaPro,
      Go take a look at another forum where the 4-stroke squeeking has been under discussion lately - www.maverickboats.com - it's mainly for Maverick/Hewes/Pathfinder owners, but others are welcome to come and browse. Try a search using "4-stroke squeek" or similiar.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Sounds a little like the problem I am having with my T50's. I think I have narrowed it down to the belt tensioners. I have a lot of hours on my motors, so reasons why they are worn.
        The old ones had considerable axiel play.

Maybe now I can sneak up on the fish.

Comment

Working...
        X