2001 c90tlrz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 c90tlrz

I recently replaced lower unit on 2001 90 hp. Although it is a long story, motor has been in storage since 04. It has approximately has 15-20 hrs on motor. It was my brothers motor who became sick and was in wet storage and some1 sabotaged it by removing lower unit oil fill screws. Old lower unit was unrebuildable. What i am needed to know is, how can I start this motor on stand with out any of the controls? Hence the 10 pin connector. Other than relying on shade tree engineering?

If you want to start it with out shade tree engineering you will need to get a set of controls.
    If you want to get it to run with out the controls it's not that hard. Hook up the fuel and water supply and jump the starter making sure that the throttle is on or near idle and the lower is in neutral.
    The problem isn't geting it to run, the problem is getting it to shut off. You can either unplug the fuel line and let it run out, choke it if you have one and my favorite( just kidding) pull the plug wires. Just kake sure you have a good water supply and check the engine temp often. Remeber if it starts to overheat it takes a little while to get it to stop running.

Comment

Working...
    X