1997 115 floats and needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 115 floats and needles

Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate your help as this will be the fourth time taking the carbs off and cleaning/adjusting.

was flooding when running slow and not wanting to start back up. cleaned the carbs, blew everything out, still same

Removed, cleaned and this time adjusted floats to specs in clymers 15.5-16.5mm, they definitely looked more level. I also reset the needle valves to spec 3/8-7/8 turn out (which seems much less than most of the other hp engines)

took it out today, started fine, ran till warmed up and then no acceleration, alarm sounded and I was able to limp back in. didn't seem to be overheating but I'm assuming the carb float level is too low, even though it's at spec or the needles are not correct. Can anyone tell me if the specs in clymers are wrong or if there's something I'm missing? I'm ready to take it to the dealer, but I've done alot of work and would like to try and redeem myself first!!

Thanks!
    Chris

chase the alarm down to see what is going on, oil or temp

Comment

oil

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      chase the alarm down to see what is going on, oil or temp
      It's a pre-mix engine so I'm assuming it's running lean and driving the temp up because it appears to be temp. think the floats are too low?

Comment

Working...
      X