2003/04? F150 4 stroke running terrible with only 150 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003/04? F150 4 stroke running terrible with only 150 hours

THINKING OF BUYING A 2004 SEA PRO SV2100 BAY SERIES WITH A YAMAHA F150 XTRC AND 150 HOURS.

BAD, HAS A HALF TANK OF OLD GAS OVER A YEAR OLD AND SHE RUNS IT MONTHLY IN THE CARPORT. I DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT AND IT IDLES ROUGH AND BOGS DOWN UNDER A LOAD. I GOT IT PLANE OUT ONE TIME AND IT SHUT DOWN. RESTARTED MOTOR AND IDLE SPEED BACK TO LAUNCH FOR ME. I GUESS I WAS HOPING TO BURN THE OLD FUEL OUT.

IHAVE READ SO MANY FOURMS THAT I THINK I AM OVER THINKING EVERYTHING

DO I NEED THE TANK PUMPED OUT? VST FILTER CHANGED,INJECTORS CLEANED,MICRON FILTERS CHANGED, TUNE UP???

I CALLED HER AND SHE STATED SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LAST OCTOBER AND THE DEALER CHANGED THE WATER SEPERATOR AND SAID ALL IS GOOD. SHE NEVER PUT IT IN THE WATER TO TEST.

SHE IS WILLING TO BEAR MOST OF THE REPAIR COST TO GET RID OF THIS BOAT WITHIN REASON AND I WANT IT DONE CORRECTLY BECAUSE I VALUE MY DOLLAR. SHOULD I RUN AWAY FROM THIS BOAT??

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT..

I guess there is only two options, you buy the boat at a reduced price and hope, or it gets fixed (at the sellers expense and you buy at an agreed price, there is not a lot of in between options. Well maybe there is a thrid option, the boat continues to just sit there and "rot" untill it worth less and less every year that passes.

Comment

Working...
    X