Submerged motor repair help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submerged motor repair help

Hi, My boat & motor (04' 200 HPDI Z200TXRC) was submerged in 8' of water in Rainy Lake last week. It was underwater for approx 8 hours before being re-floated. I immediately brought it to our Yamaha dealer who drained and replaced the gas from the tank & motor and replaced filters. When I put it back in the water it ran good for about 5 min. and then started missing badly. I drained the inline fuel/water separator, fuel filter on the motor & the float chamber. After restarting it ran better but still missed. I was told I would probably need to run it for a while to clear out the water in the gas. After about 25 min. it smoothed out and ran like normal. I ran it for about 30 more min. before parking for the night. The next day it started out good then started missing again. I drained the filter & chamber like the day before and got the same result, 25 min. of missing followed by smooth normal running. The 3rd day the same thing so I removed the floor board to access the tank and drained it again so no more than a 1/2 gallon of fluid was left in it and added new gas. I drained the filters again and installed new spark plugs. I thought hat would solve my problems but no luck. It still misses and sputters. Today I ordered a new strainer ( part no. 68F-24251-00-00) located down stream of the float chamber/vapor separator hoping this may be the problem.
    The dealer said it may take a while to get the water out of the fuel system but........... I also heard I may need to open up the motor's fuel
    system to clear out the water.
    I would appreciate some straight expert advice.
    Thanks
    Rod

you will just have to keep at it until it dries out lots of wd 40 on elec plugs and contact cleaner , keep cleaning out fuel system until no more water is present it will drive you crazy but you have no option just keep at it

Comment

you may need to find a way to drain your fuel tank and try to get as much water out of it as possible before continuing trying to run it, if it was under water for 8 hours, there will be a lot of water in it.

Comment

Working...
      X