Yamaha 70hp (1997) power issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 70hp (1997) power issues

the outboard will start and will rev up with the drive disengaged... although it will hardly run with the drive engaged and will stall when power is applied... this problem came on suddenly with no warning signs.... go figure, sucks to be me......

same thing happened to me

Outta nowhere no power. Revs up fine with the muffs. But a no go under load. Your carbs are "scaled" if you will from ethanol. Marine grade Sta-Bil (to my knowledge) is the best stuff to prevent that in the future. I was using regular Sta-Bil before But for now you have top pull those carbs, take all jets and needle/float valves out and soak over night in a carb cleaner that wont attack plastic. As there are plastic "bearing" pieces in the carbs for the butterfly valves to run through. Rinse with gas as this will cut the carb cleaner out. And if you were able to clean the jets and orifices out re-install them. Otherwise replace em. They are (at the risk of tearing the carbs back off and doing this again) cheap.
    Boat will run better than before it went bad. My hole shot could toss me out now. Not before. Just didnt know how bad I had it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X