How does oil tank on motor vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does oil tank on motor vent

Ok I bought this boat with motor already installed. I am wondering why the hose that connects bottom of tank and should connect to top portion of tank is disconnected. They have fuel hose line connected to top and bottom clear hose is disconnected pointing up underneath flywheel. If I overfill the oil in tank it will dump fluid through clear hose as it is lower than highest mark on tank. Only reason they might not connect this line is to allow venting of tank if oil pump is not working to it's peak. I am planning on hooking the clear hose back to tank it's tight fit still have not got it back on. Could the reason it's like this is venting for tank? ARG marine did work on motor as there sticker is present. Would it make sense to pop a hole in oil cap run small piece of clear hose though it for venting? Might be a good question for rodbolt17 why this is done on my motor?

I got oil line back on upper part of tank,tight fit!

Ok I took my flashlight and found there are 2 holes on each side fill cap and at bottom 2 little holes. So that answers my questions on venting tank.

Comment

Working...
    X