Fuel Line Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Line Type

I have a 2005 F150 (TLRD) on a 2005 Ranger 185vs which has a 40 gal tank. My question comes from people telling me that my existing fuel line from the bulb to the motor is inferior when used with ethanol fuel blends. Its a grey line with a red stripe. Apparently over time these have a tendancy to break down and cause problems inside the engine, which I would like to prevent, even as far as the VST filter. In 2006 they changed the line to a different material that doesnt break down? The line from my tank to the bulb, also containing my water seperator, is a larger, much thicker black line.
    My question: What can I replace this grey line with as I am unsure of the proper diameter or compatability with my engine? Also, would it be smart to replace the line coming off the tank as well? I know they sell whole assembly's, but which one will be right for me?
    In addition - how the heck do I get to my tank on this boat?! If its under the seat which I suspect it is, I see no means of removing it! Many thanks.

fuel hose changes were made due to new EPA regulations to keep fuel vapors from evaporating through hose not to make it hold to the effects of Ethanol fuels. yamaha's fuel hose assemble is part number 6YK-24306-60-00 Fuel hose, primer bulb assemble
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X