Changeout of 1994 200HP with F225 Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeout of 1994 200HP with F225 Yamaha

I have a 21' Capehorn with a 1994 200HP (200TXRR)w/remote oil tank and am replacing it with a 2005 F225 four stroke (F225 TXRD), I currently have Yamaha LCD marine meters - digital tach and digital multimeter. The tach has the tach, trim-meter and oil level warning functions (no hour meter). The multimeter has speedometer/tripmeter/clock, fuel guage and engine warning functons (voltage,overheat & fuel). The throttle/shift control is a 704 binacle mount with trim/tilt in handle, a separately mounted key/choke switch. Steering is via Seastar HC 5370-71 side mount hydraulic cylinder. All in good working condition.
    Question - what absolutely needs to be changed out and what can be used with the new four stroke engine?
    I had one dealer tell me that there was an adapter cable that could hook the F225 to my existing instruments/harness, another says no. Seastar says side mount cylinder OK for F225, dealer says I need HC5345 cylinder. Info from other forum questions tells me that trim/tilt wiring may be different. Just want to know the straight scoup on the necessary or un-necessary changes. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Bob
    P.S. I am buying motor from BoatNet and having it shipped to local Yamaha dealer for installation, so that you know why I'm asking all the questions.

You will need to change tach, use the 6YR-W0035-E1-00 tach kit and all the rest will work ok. The side mount cyl will work on F225 and shouln't be a problem, the cowling is wider on F225 but the transom bracket is the same width.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X