Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing experiments on my 90hp carby 2stroke, can I shut off emergency enricher red f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing experiments on my 90hp carby 2stroke, can I shut off emergency enricher red f

There is emergency red flipper that shows normal,open,closed. I have a feeling the previous owner that installed this motor did not hook up enricher to OMC harness. When I push in key on OMC square key area I do not think anything is happening. My question can I run the motor hard with enricher in closed position? Also trying to see why im getting max 4500 RPMS after doing all the work to motor. I just dropped down to 15pitch from 17pitch today.

Prime Start enrichener it totally automatic, no key press required. Leave emergency red plastic switch in "Normal" position for regular operation. The red switch is only for emergency use if prime start circuit fails. The prime start is always "on", and electrical circuit heats the wax pellet inside to disable it. Regarding RPM's that's another issue...maybe losing power from one cylinder due to fuel or electrical, or may be a prop issue?

Comment

Working...
    X