2005 F225TXRD Fuel Starvation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F225TXRD Fuel Starvation Problem

I isolated the problem to be with the engine (direct fuel can hook up to engine). I can hear fuel pumps come on; I did notice the 5 AMP fuse was blown; replaced it with 7.5 AMP fuse; engine turns over good; just no start; primer bulb does not lose pressure and become soft after priming engine. I did have a bad battery and good battery on same circuit while trying to start. I think the battery issue may be the problem or I think I need to check the injectors for E-fuel gunk. Anyone with an idea?

Right now it will turnover and sputter a little sometime, but for the most part will not start.

It will need a good fully charged battery to start. May need to run fuel pressure test on engine to see if loosing fuel pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It should not be blowing the 5 amp fuse, something is wrong with the pump

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        It will need a good fully charged battery to start. May need to run fuel pressure test on engine to see if loosing fuel pressure.
        I replaced the battery and battery cables; also, used a primer bulb directly to the engine bypassing the fuel filter and fuel/water separator; buld will remain hard and pressurized and still not starting. Now it is not even attempting to start; just turning over.

All spark plugs are firing and in good condition; I hear the pump start up, but still no go.

I replaced the 5 amp fuse with a 7.5 amp fuse and nothign still.

Thanks for the information so far.

Comment

Working...
        X