1986 70hp water in cyl. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 70hp water in cyl. 2

hello outboard people, my boat is sinking - need help!

the engine started missing on cyl. 2 - pulled the plug and found water on it, removed the head and found what's on the pics - rust in the sleeve #2, greasy stuff on the piston and head ... can you help me troubleshooting this?
    there was some work done (welding - tapping) to the block to fix bad threads, not sure whether or not it is related to the current issue.

I appreciate your help. mischa
    Attached Files

cracked head

after cleaning the mess found a slight crack in the head next to plug no.2. hoping to be what I was looking for ... poured pb blaster on upper side and it went right through ...
    take care

Comment

Sounds like you need to find a new head for an old motor, may not be that easy. Cylinders that have rusty rings and cylinder walls do not seal very well

Comment

found an older head for this old motor - hope dies last, will see what happens

Comment

Dont waste money on it

Originally posted by mischa_70hp View Post
          after cleaning the mess found a slight crack in the head next to plug no.2. hoping to be what I was looking for ... poured pb blaster on upper side and it went right through ...
          take care
          I would use as a mooring , remove the oils but ! Not worth wasting money on mate , can buy a good 70 from dealer in Sydney around two grand mark (with a bit of warranty ,that's key!!) hope it helps u out .j Wilson

Comment

Working...
          X