Hot horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot horn

Need to see if anyone has ever run across this issue.
    I have a 2002 Yamaha SX250TRX outboard that Is having issues with the high temperature alarm going off. It will run great at all speeds but, when I slow down to come to a stop to start fishing, the high temp alarm buzzer comes on. It will buzz for about 2-3 minutes and then it clears.
    I have checked the engine temperature with an in fared digital thermometer and and all of the cylinders are running the same temp around 90-92 deg.
    At times if I am idling from one spot to another, the high temp buzzer comes on and then clears after a couple of minutes.
    I recently had the water pump replaced by a local Yamaha service center, so I really don't think that is an issue.
    I know there are a couple of temp sensors on the block, not sure if this would be causing the issue.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It could be from bad water pump, stuck thermostats, pressure control valve or blocked water passages in block. Best to start with water pump inspection and or replacement.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If your shore your water circulation is good pull out your sensor I had salt some built up salt behind mine once causing the alarm when alarm goes off unplug each one to see witch is faulty. Sensors make the ground to trigger

Comment

Working...
      X