Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp running on one cylinder

2005 90hp tlr (81 hrs on motor)

Everything running perfect put on trailer and stored, two weeks later starts but only runs on one cylinder (the upper cylinder). Ok, I can fix this so run compression test (120 on each hole) , drain fuel from carbs and 25 gallons from tank and replace with 5 gallons of premium. Started up same problem, what the heck. Recent service include plugs, water pump,new mini 10 micron fuel filter, cleaned strainer inside of cowl, lower unit drain and fill. When it starts it doesn't miss just sounds like a one cylinder motor, like a motor that has overheated and is in limp home mode. No alarms or lights flashing. Any suggestion on solution ?

All 3 coils firing

Thanks
    Last edited by redfishman; 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM.

spark @ all coils ?
    usually a dirty carb issue

Comment

Pulled carbs top one clean , middle one a little dirty, bottom one nasty. Cleaned with berryman removed and cleaned both jets and blew out with air reinstalled. Runs great again.

Comment

redfishman

If your fuel supply hoses are more than four years old or show any hint of degradation, I suggest a complete change out of the fuel supply including pick-up tube and all accessories. IMHO, better to go with stuff labeled for low permeation from a major manufacturer. If you don't have one, I also suggest a 10 micron water separating filter.

The crap came from somewhere, and if there's more, you're looking at a repeat performance.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
        X