1990 90etld Reeds/water passages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 90etld Reeds/water passages

I have finally torn into my motor to clean water passages out. I found the passage between the cntr and bottom cylinder blocked. I am down to a couple of bolts on the exaust manifold. With lots of patence and heat I have removed the outside bolts and have only broke 1 middle bolt. I am working on cutting the heads off the rest of the bolts so I can heat them after the manifold is removed. I saw that Yamaha has listed these bolts as obsolite on there webesite. Does any know what size/thread they are or where it buy replacements ? I was thinking of replacing them with studs so I can easly access the water passages later if needed due 100% saltwater use. I am also rebuilding the carbs and was wondering about replacing the reeds. I run Boysen in my dirt bikes and it has always been worth the $. Is there any better reeds any one has used or know about ? Any thoughts on these matters would be great !

The exhaust plate bolts superseded to 97014-08040-00 Bolts but are available.
    The Boysen reeds break more often that original ones do but they probably are available for that engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X