Wiring yamaha fuel guage to plotter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring yamaha fuel guage to plotter

Just replaced my laurance chart plotter with a new Raymarine A70D plotter. The old laurance plotter was connected to my yamaha digital fuel guage part 6Y8F-01 via the plotter's data cable RS-232 comm. This provided speed from my GPS to the yamaha's guages. Both speed and fuel guages used this but it was only connected into the fuel guage. (blue and white wires) Question: Can I get speed from my new A70D to the yamaha guages? If so what colour cables do I use. There is lots of spare data cables: White, Green, orange/white, orange/green, yellow, brown, orange/yellow, orange/brown, black. The A70D states it can feed NMEA0183 Devices. Can it feed the yamaha digital guages?
    Help Required
    Regards, Craig

connect the yellow (transmit +) from the raymarine to the blue on the back of the gauge and the brown (transmit -) from the raymarine to the white of the gauge. after turn on gps and gauge and check to see if gauge has "gps" icon on it.

Comment

are you sure? The blue wire in the yamaha fuel guage is marked -ve and the white wire is marked +ve. will I blow anything up in I get them the wrong way?

Regards,
      Craig

Comment

wrote that backward then sorry the negs with the negs and the pos with the pos

Comment

Working...
        X