50TLR bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50TLR bogging

New problem with my 50. Last weekend i rebuilt carbs for second time due to Ethanol. this time i got rid of the ethanol gas and replace the 10 micron filter and filled it up this morning with fresh ethanol free gas. After leaving dock and running for about 5 minutes the engine started bogging like not getting fuel. After idling for a few minutes and pumping the primer (couldnt ever get it to get firm), the engine ran for a few more minutes then happened again. i ended up heading back to the ramp and pulled out. What should i check now. could it be the primer bulb?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Today i bought new primer bulb and checked all fuel lines, tested in river and still bogging and surging at running speeds????
    Last edited by Wayne31312; 08-14-2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: updated

If you get a chance look at this topic, 50TLR 2005 No WOT after warm up ( 1 2)
    marinermikes . It's a couple of pages back. This may or may not be your problem but it's worth a look.

Comment

Thanks Marinermikes. This sounds exactly what my motor is doing. Hopefully it is covered by Yamaha as i have only had it one year.

Comment

Working...
      X