704 Control Detent at Neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 704 Control Detent at Neutral

Is there any kind of adjustment one can make to increase the amount of detent in the 704 control, so that when you move into neutral, toy get more resistance?

The neutral detent is more of a "click" item than a "friction/resistance" item, unless you're referring to the throttle friction screw on the front of the control?

Comment

Yes, I would like the "click" to have more "bite", so I would not have to concentrate so much on hitting the neutral position, and or moving beyond into, or almost into either forward or reverse.

Comment

Maybe spray that control with silicone to free up the movement. The big button underneath that you grab to take it out of gear should move up and down freely.

Comment

Thanks Robert, but it's a new control, binnacle. It works great, just not enough grab when it hits the neutral spot.

Comment

My control is a 703, so may be some different, but I have to move that big button up about 3/8" to release shifter from neutral position. Maybe something is sticking below on yours not allowing that button to "click" down properly. The handle and button are mostly plastic so maybe a bad or slightly warped part? If it's new maybe take it back to boat dealer for him to check?
            Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X