Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New engines/older digital gauges

Two part question here.

Just replaced twin '92 200's with 2005 HPDI 200's. Controls and gauges the same. Dealer said that there is no way to make the trim indicator work on the older digital gauges with the newer motors. Said I had to buy all new gauges. I decided to wait and see if there was a work around since everything else works fine. Is there?

Also- After install the trim/tilt switch on the top of the binnacle 704 only works intermittently for trimming/tilting both engines UP. It always works for trim/tilt down, and the individual up down for each motor on the 704 work fine. Is this a switch problem or a loose connection somewhere?

Thanks for your help

The older engines used a 3 wire trim sender the new eng use a 2 wire trim sender so the trim gauge will have to be changed to the new gauge to work. The trim switch and the wiring (red wire and blue wire) need to checked sounds like a bad connection.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If I am going to new gauges, when do they switch to the 2 wire? I see a lot of "new" gauges out there, but not sure if they are new 2 wire or 3 wire.

Thanks,

Is there any difference between 2005 and 2006 HPDI's for the gauges?

Comment

NALU,
        If it is only the trim readout that will not work with the new motors, maybe try to install the older 3-wire trim sender on the newer motors,if the mounting holes line up. Senders should be cheaper than new gauges.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X