No announcement yet.

2000 HPDI Z200TLRY RPM Issues?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no dissrespect but you need to get a real manual that explains HPDI operation.
    in N it runs on 4 cylinders,in N above about 1500 RPM it drops two more and runs on 2 cylinders.
    its to prevent engine runaway.
    so on the flusher in N its gonna sound boggy.
    50 psi is what you want on the medium pressure side and dropping quickly to 20 psi at key off is entirely normal.

Comment

Rodbolt, which manual would you recommend. There is no disrespect taken. I got the Clymer manual and there is one other that I got, but it doesn't give the information in a way that I can understand.

I am trying to learn about this stuff and it is slowly coming to me. That's why I am asking so many questions. I never thought I could rebuild this motor, but once in it, I was able to get it done with the help from this website. I thought that in nuetral, it was 4 cylinders and when shifting into gear it ran on 5 until it reached a certain RPM, then the 6th would kick in. I didn't realize that it dropped 2 more to only run on 2 cylinders if in nuetral above 1500 RPM. That's the kind of stuff I like to know and can't find with the search function.

I do appreciate all the help you and others have given me and hope I have not been to much of a PIA.

Thanks again and if you could suggest another manual for me to read, I would appreciate it.

Brad

Comment

6553.3 Hours on the ECU

I have a motor with the same readouts for hour usage (01 HPDI). Thought my ECU was fried. Heard somewhere that 2000 and 2001 HPDI ECU's didn't track the hours and this number is the default, aka, nothing wrong.

Did anyone every comment or did you get feedback on this?

Thanks,

Brett

Comment

Working...
        X