F150 idle stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 idle stalling

I have 2007 f150 that has almost always stalled when you slow to idle power, after you have been, at a higher rpm, or when shifting in or through reverse, but it will idle fine at start up. It's still under it's 6 year factory war, my locally dealer where I bought it is useless, last fall I took to a other dealer more than a hour away, they said they cleaned and serviced my fuel system, but this spring before I ran, I noticed that the fuel strainer on the engine , looked black, like they never cleaned it, I ask the dealer about itband they said it's normal? But it still stalls, I would like to get this issue fixed, but do not know where to take it, or what's really wrong with it, any dealer recomindarions in midcoast Maine? Is it really normal to have a black looking fuel strainer, and do I need a special tool to take it off?

Look up Rodbolt17's posts he has done a lot about that problem. He even had to figure it out on his own 150. He is a master yamaha tech

Comment

I saw apost about 225 check valve is that the one you are talking about?

Comment

no it was a F150

I think it was this one http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...0-th15195.html
        Last edited by 99yam40; 08-07-2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X