help yamaha 50hp tiller choke wire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help yamaha 50hp tiller choke wire??

so I put in a tacho on my 2005 model 50hp yamaha its a tiller steer but I accidently pulled out the choke wire from the sealed harness on the key side, now the engine takes bloody forever to start even when fully primed, so the million dollar question is what color is the choke wire on the engine side of the harness as the colors do not match up, I can see a blue wire coming from the choke behind the airbox but that goes up to the top back part of the head and joins with a yellow wire into a electrical component. I just want to bridge a wire over from the key side to the correct wire on the engine side so the choke will activate but cant work out which one? as I said the harness is sealed up so I have to cut through. can anyone help please ? thankyou Michael

My 1985-1999 Clymer manual for 50 hp indicates Green into Green/White at the electrothermal ram on the enrichment system diagram. If you test and find you broke a wire replacing the wiring harness would be wise.

I would not hot wire anything under the cowling, my 25 hp has kind of a weird circuit that uses the power bobbin coil, electrothermal ram, temperature sensor and actually goes through the CDI connector too there's a bit going on in my enrichment system circuit.

Comment

Working...
    X