F60tlrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60tlrc

I changed the water pump, while on my bench I turned the splined shift shaft to check it's movement. Reinstalled the lower unit now stuck in forward and won't shift out of forward, shifter moves, but nothing?

Take it back apart and make sure the lower unit is in neutral by checking to see if the prop spins free both directions. Also make sure that the shifter is also in nuetral before putting it back together.

Comment

netural

I tried that but it is still in forward. It worked fine before and the only thing i did was to shift it on the bench and when I turn the shift rod it dosen't change gears, it moves but nothing

Comment

I find it hard to believe that you could have broken it by just changing the water pump. The shift rod should not be easy to turn. You would need a pair of pliers and a cloth to protect the splines to get it to move far enough to shift. It's not something you can do with your fingers. If you can spin it with your fingers something is wrong.

Comment

As your lining the shifting assembly up while putting the lower unit on. You got to SLIGHTLY adjust the rod with long needle nosers to ensure it's again in neutral. I do yhis with the two peices resting on one another and oncce thenprop spins freely i slide the linkage together . I have this problem everytime even w/o screwing with the linkage.
          Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X