Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F6T 405

I have recently acquired an old yamaha F6T 405
    I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could buy a new prop and pull cord flywheel for this model?

David,
    Do you have the right thread? This thread is about the 3.5AC .

Do you mean you have a 6HP ? Here the F6T 405 refers only to a coil.

I'm a bit confused
    Bob

Comment

Sorry I took the wrong serial

The proper serial should have read 306238 and the engine is a Yamaha 3.5 AC 642. Could you also tell me whether this is a two stroke or four stroke engine.

thank D

Comment

Yamaha 3.5AC Air cooled 2 stroke

Hi David,
        Thanks for the clarification. It is a 2stroke with no water cooling impeller (Some coolant is forced through by the prop wash)

Please check your serial number - could it be S 06238? If it is then you have a 1974 short shaft.
        Going back to your original questions:-
        Given the price of non-runners on eBay, your best bet is to buy one for cannibalisation especially for the prop and flywheel which are easy to ratify with the vendor. Otherwise, for new, you might try
        Yamaha Outboard Parts, Boats Parts Yamaha Outboard Klijzing - a Dutch company or, preferably (personal view), a good YAM dealer like
        BHG Marine - Yamaha Outboards - Avon, Bombard, Orkney and Terhi Boats and Inflatables - Lymington, UK

Good Hunting
        Bob

Comment

More info

I have just made out a very faint L on the serial number which reads L 306238. I don't think its short shaft and the measurement from the bottom of the transom plate is 25 inches. Any further info you are able to give me on this engine would be welcome.

Thanks David

Comment

David,
            That makes sense - it indicates a long shaft made in 1973.
            Regards
            Bob

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the info

cheers David

Comment

Got this going now

The only problem is it runs fine on low to medium revs but cuts out at higher revs. I've tried this with a fuel mix of 50 to 1 and 100 to1 with the same results. I would be grateful if someone could give me suggestions to overcome this.

thanks, David

Comment

David,

I'm confused (nothing new!)

Your original posting was added to a thread in which I put a load of info about the carb. Now I see we are in a new thread?

Anyway - look back in the other thread
                  http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...a-th16541.html
                  That should hopefully sort your problem

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X