help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

i have a 97 130 yamaha 2 stoke. as soon as i crank it, my alarm goes on. was running great last week. was told there may be a problem with the oil sensor, but oil tanks are full. cranks strong. any advice

Manual

Do you have the service manual? If so, there are some simple resistance readings you can take on the Oil Sensor - I might start there first. You definitely want to make sure you are not starving your engine from oil, whether the tank is full or not.

Comment

i dont have the manual, ill try to find it online. motor does not start. could the oil sensors be causing this as a protective measure.

Comment

Not the expert

I am not an expert on this model, have a 90hp yamaha - 95.. but I would have to believe yamaha made this a feacture for the owners protection. When you said crank, thought you ment started -- but it never starts, just turns over. I would think if you are getting an oil alarm it would probably shut down the computer from sending spark to the plugs - makes sense. I would start with checking that oil sensor first, and keep from turning over the engine too many times.

Comment

Working...
        X