yamaha missing at top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha missing at top end

i put a new ss 17 prop on to get more top end. 1st trip out with 2 guys onboard gained 400rpm and 8 mph to put me at 5500 wot which is my optimum max. 2nd trip out with 5 people on board hit 5500 and the motor missed. dropped to 5200 and she ran fine.any sugestions other than the obvious of going back to the other prop or not going to 5500rpm 2001 yam 200hp salt water series 2stroke.

Chris,
    You are probably experiencing either spark or fuel starvation problems. If you haven't put in new plugs in the last year, I would do it. Check fuel filter - may be clogged a little. Also, a weak fuel pump may be having trouble supplying demand at WOT - inspect per the Yamaha manual.
    Next time out, assuming you have installed new plugs, get the motor to miss at WOT and have someone check the primer bulb - if it is collapsed, then there is some kind of restriction from there back to the fuel tank. If you can squeeze the bulb until it gets hard, and that fixes the miss, then I would suspect weak fuel pump(s) - I think you model has at least two.
    Good luck and let us know what you find out [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

THANKS KEN. plugs were new this year. will check the ball. will advise

Comment

Working...
      X