4 H.P. Tiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 H.P. Tiller

Hello. I have a 2005 4hp 4 stroke yamaha outboard. It has given very good service. I am selling it now. The prospective purchaser thinks the tiller is a bit wobbly-flexible-loose. The motor has always been this way. I'm happy it's o.k. but can't convince the purchaser. Is it normal for this tiller to be this way ? I assume that its a sort of shock resistant fitting to avoid vibration from the engine. The steering is positive and the controls work fine. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tiller concerns ?

I too have a 4hp 4stroke of the same age. It's a great little engine , bought it second hand and was at first worried by the 'wobbly' steering handle/control. It seems they are like this, have had no problems. If you are worried go to your local Yamaha Shop

Comment

Floppy Tiller.

Sold the engine this morning. New owner and I had a good look inside and found a couple of loose bolts-those holding steering base to main motor casting. Easy to tighten now all is well- took us 10 mins in all. Also concluded that it's a standard length shaft. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X