Yamaha 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 60

I have 94 yamaha 60 2 stroke 3 cyl engine. When I move the throttle lever to the 30deg detent and engage the drive, all is well, when I move the throttle FWD of that the engine dies. If I move it to the 30 deg detent and move the throttle on the carbs physically by hand, the engine revs well and gets up on plane. What is causing the engine to die when I use the throttle?

Sounds like your carbs are dirty/plugged up and need removal and cleaning.

Comment

60 Yamaha

I have replaced the CDI unit, cleaned the carbs, new fuel pump. the problem is in the linkage, I think, as when I'm on the water and engage it up to the fwd detent, and pysiclly move the throttle at the engine by hand it runs well. If I use the control lever past the fwd detent it stalls out. At the moment I have a cable hooked directly to the carbs and use that to operate the engine once it is in gear, works fine. But not with the throttle lever at the controls.

Comment

The remote throttle lever also moves the ignition timing as well as the carbs, so are those linkeages all hooked up correctly?

Comment

The problem seems to be only when the engine is in the water under load. If I hook up the garden hose at home, it seems to work fine. Dosn't stall out. When I do move the throttle lever all seems to be well with the ignition timing. Is there any special position it should be moving to?

Comment

Working...
          X