Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer Confusion –> Yamaha Outboard Service Center & Technician Certifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Confusion –> Yamaha Outboard Service Center & Technician Certifications

In trying to help my brother get some detailed trouble-shooting done on his ‘03 2550 Bluewater w/ twin 150 HPDI’s, I’m finding the information on Yamaha’s website re: Service Center and Technician Certifications to be confusing.

Can someone please shed some light…

Examples:
    - Of the published list of Yamaha Master Technician Graduates, none are resident mechanics at the short-list of service centers I have taken or would take my engine to; Maximum Outboards, Lindsay Marine, Boat Center of Ft Laud, Markey Marine, etc.

- Similar to above, few to none of the short-list of service centers I have taken or would take my engine to are listed as Five Star **** certified.

- Of the published service centers, few are listed as Five Star **** certified, which begs the questions of hands-on experience vs. textbook experience for trouble-shooting and diagnostics.

For this situation, the boat is being kept on the water in Key Largo for the summer, so it would be a royal PITA to drag it home for the logical choice of taking to Boat Center of Ft Laud.

Can someone recommend an experienced and readily available Yamaha HOPDI mechanic in Key Largo or Islamorada?
    Last edited by Lostmen18; 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

The reason they list the Master techs and where they are working at is for the customer to have an idea of where they can take their motor when they are having a problem so a master tech will work on it.
    If you do not want to take it to them then that is your choice

Comment

I think what he's saying is there are no master techs in Key Largo. Hard to believe; he throws out 5-dealerships and doesn't seem to have confidence in any. Well warranted since those HPDI's can be a bit tricky.
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
      X