Fouled Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouled Plugs

I have a low hour (439) 1989 115b V4 which will not run for more than 10-15 minutes at 900-1000 rpm without fouling its plugs and stopping.I have checked oil pump output, cleaned and synchronized carbs, changed plugs (many times), checked iginition timing,checked cylinders for water. All ok. Will running hotter plugs help, and if so how hot and should I restrict engine rpm with hotter heat ranges? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

winston,
    I would stay with whatever plugs the owners manual recommends.
    Check your choke - could be it is partially closed when it should be all the way open - remove the intake silencer and run on driveway with the earmuffs and garden hose and observe the choke butterfly valve - should be all the way open - if not, then adjust linkage choke linkage.
    If the choke checks out ok, then I would suspect fouled carbs - I don't know what you mean by "cleaned" - if you haven't installed a carb kit, then I would do it in addition to cleaning.
    Make sure you have cleaned all jets and orifices - for any jets that have o-rings at the ends, check for cracks or distortion - replace if needed.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X