60HP Yamaha Motor Hydrolic Tilt Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60HP Yamaha Motor Hydrolic Tilt Trouble

Can Anyone out there help this lady? I have a 1996 60HP Yamaha with electric/hydrolic power tilt and it works intermittintly but sometimes the electric motor runs but the motor doesn't move. Do I need hydrolic fluid or do I need to bleed my lines? Right now I cannot raise my motor at all. Please advise.

If it is low on fluid then you have a leak some where that needs to be fixed, but checking the fluid level would be the 1st thing to look at

Comment

Hydrolic Tilt

Thank you very much for writing now comes the part where I say Please don't laugh this is where I'm not smart about my motor... I realize it's not like a car where you llift the hood and theres a dipstick to check your fluid. Where do I check my fluid level on this motor. I'm guessing it's not under the hood but somewhere on the outside. Is there a resivoir to check the fluid? It's not every day where a woman maintains a motor but the advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comment

I am not sure as I do not have a 60, but your owners manual or service manual should give the proper instructions.
        Here is a web site that may help you find one, but being that old they do not have yours listed to be viewed. Maybe you can look at the 98 model to see if that will help
        Outboard Owners Manuals

Comment

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate it. I checked the website and unfrotunately the manuals are of no help. I don't have the service manual because it never came with the boat and motor. I guess I will just call the dealer tomorow. Once again thanks for your help.

Comment

The engine has to be tilted up. Once up you will see a 17mm cap. Thats where you check the level and add as required

Comment

Working...
            X