Temp. Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp. Gauge

I am tired of having only an idiot buzzer for water temp on my 1998 250 hp.How difficult would it be to install a temp gauge?

Blizzard,
    Not very difficult - get a Yamaha water temp kit that includes gauge and temp sensor. Sensor installs into one of the plugs that screws into the top of either cylinder assy. You can install either a temp sensor or a water pressure fitting there.
    Run one wire from the temp sensor to the gauge that mounts in console - you will have to cut out a hole, of course, in your console. Run power to the gauge, and your done [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Yeah I would install a temp gauge AND a water pressure gauge, since you have to make the run anyway.

You can order them online here: http://www.boatsunlimitedny.com/Yamha_Controls.htm

Or pick 'em up at the dealer for about the same price. Remember you need the sending units for each also, they're not included with the basic gauge pack.

Mike

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Where exactly are the plugs that the sending units srcrew into??

Comment

Blizzard,
            On my 2000 C115 (V-4 block), the brass plugs are located on the very top of each cylinder assembly, about an inch away from where the head makes contact. Yours should be the same. Go take a look at the parts diagram for your motor in the online parts catalog of boats.net (see above).
            Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken and Hamfisted! I finished the installation yesterday. Very easy thanks to your help.

Comment

so far so good went to the lake yesterday ran boat for abt 40 minutes at full throttle with no alarms,still going to change prv should be here today from boats.net
                thanks for all your help,fish1

Comment

Working...
                X