Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 stroke model history

Hi all, great forum.

I have a 99 2 stroke carbureted 175 with 700 hours and it runs perfectly, never had a problem other than changing thermostats and a water pump.

I've followed Yamaha outboards for some time now and have a question about the fuel injected 2 stroke model history. A friend just bought a year 2000 HPDI.

Now I thought the history of Yamaha 2 strokes were OX 66 first, then HPDI. And I thought HPDI didn't come out until 2005 or so. Can someone set me straight on the recent history of Yamaha fuel injected outboards?

Thanks,

Dave

The OX-66 EFI came out in '97 and the HPDI in 2000 if I remember right.

Comment

Don't think so Seahorse. I got a pair of '98 200's and they're carbed. I believe the 6-cyl's were carbed until 98 then they came out with the OX66 in 99. I believe the OX66 was available till 04 but not 100% on that. That 2000 HPDI has me scratching my head. I didn't think the HPDI came out until 02. I also think the Rude E-Tec, same technology as the HPDI, came out around the same time and seemed to get all the fan-fair. Realing talking out my ass now, good trivia, like to hear the correct story. How 'bout it boats.net?
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

the larger bore efi v6s came out in 97,150/ 200s in 99/00

Comment

Working...
        X