250 four strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 four strokes

Ok, I've got a loss that I don't understand. A new (2005) 27' center console has two, 250 four strokes. Somehow, diesel fuel got into the fuel tank; he used the vessel 2-3 times without noticing anything. One day, he's running along when something blows overboard; he stops and idles while wating for traffic and the engine quits and never runs again. He gets towed back, and the repair facility removes the heads; both engines have sucked water. Intake is clean; some rust in the exhaust passages of the heads. No water in oil system; no rust on cams, heads (oil side), etc. Why did this happen? Possible heat from poor combustion caused the engines to backfire when they shut down? Water dispersal through both engines is uniform, with more water in the starboard engine. Can you help?

diesel has to be compressed much more, uncompressable in a gas engine, as diesels dont use any type of spark, your best hope is that it blew the head gaskets, it it can be cleaned up enuf to put back together i would try that, including a total fuel system clean, but im no 4 stroke mechanic. im sure you will get many more replies but best bet on motors that new is the dealer repair.

Comment

Working...
    X