Two Trim Tilt Issues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Trim Tilt Issues???

2004 200 HP HPDI's, Went out today and ran the boat and did some fishing. Realized that my port trim/tilt is not working on my gauge, Just blank bars, no indication of where the motor is at. Not a big deal but would like to have it fixed. The tilt/trim on both motors work just fine all day. Tilt both motors up to pull her out, I go to drop them down and the stbd motor will not trim down, the tilt lock was not down. You can hear the motor running but it is not going down. I opened the reservoir cap and nothing came out, figured it was low on oil but it should still be moving?? I opened the manual release when I got home and lowered the motor all the way down, picked it up and rested it on the lock, opened up reservoir cap and bubbly milky fluid came out, quite a bit. My question is what would be my next step, the reservoir in now full of the fluid.
    1988 259 Grady White Trophy Pro
    Twin 2004 200HP HPDI TXRC

is there anyway to flush the old oil out of this system, also why is it so hard to get yamaha factory lubricants?

Comment

Updated!!!!

Well I went out today and followed the manual for bleeding the system. I opened the manual release screw and lifted the heavy ass motor up and let it down about 4 times, I closed the manual release screw, and added fluid to fill the reservoir, The fluid was not milky like before, it was clear. I ran the trim up and down a few times but cringed the whole time at the noise it was making, and it was moving pretty slow. I ran it up and added fluid again. It ran faster this time but is still making some noise that the other motor doesn't. I opened the reservoir cap and the little fluid that did come out fas very frothy. I don't get where air could be getting in at, there are no oil leaks anywhere and the whole system looking in very good condition. I did see that the crapy plastic rings for the trim gauge were broken on both motors so I'll be ordering those. Can any of you guys help me out and give me an idea on what the issue might be??

Comment

To test the trim sensor you can activate it by hand and look for gauge reaction.

Frothy fluid indicates air. Aerated fluid will cause all the symptoms you describe. If this is the case all you need to do is continue to refill and bleed.

Bubbly/milky fluid indicates water, not good. Can you take a sample and see if water settles out?
        Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
        16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Bailey, thanks for your input man, I really appreciate it. I believe you are correct that there is still air in the system but I don't know how it's getting in and I bled that thing alot and there's still air. There are no visable leaks coming from anywhere in the system so I'm stumpped??

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a kit for all the seals on the tilt trim assy. I'm gonna try and bleed the air out of the system again to see if that helps, if that doesn't seem to fix the issue I guess I'll have to repack the unit. Is this a hard job? Any special tools needed

Comment

Working...
            X