2006 / 225 HPDI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 / 225 HPDI problems

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    I am having a problem when I go to take off under full throttle, it seems as if the motor is not getting enough fuel and it bogs out. If I feather the throttle and get it up on plane slowly the motor runs fine. When running down the lake at full throttle the motor is also fine
    I had it in for a tune up, they changed the water seperator filter in the boat and also a filter in the motor (can't remeber which one), changed out the plugs and the compression across all cylinders is excellent.
    This problem has just started this year I though it might have been bad gas, but since the problem started I have run about 3 tanks of fresh gas.
    It's on a Skeeter ZX 225. Hopefully someone can help as the dealer is stumped.
    Thanks

Hi, you did not say if the boat has a built in fuel tank. If if does, try running it on a portable tank, If the problem clears up, I would suspect the pick up in the tank. It usually has a screen on the end of it to keep out major particales that somehow find there way into the tank. This screen gets a kind of gunky slime on it, along with other dirt. s rectricts the fuel flow. If that is the problem, I would discard the screen, you do not need it because you have two other in line fuel filters. I have had this issue on two of my boats. That is what I did .

Comment

Working...
    X