Rodbolt/ question on previous response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbolt/ question on previous response

On a previous post you stated fuel pressure on 2001 SX250 should be at 35psi. and hold 25psi with key off....I have 38 psi with engine running. With key off drops to 0 psi. What is the cause or what should I be looking for. Also, is there anything other than faulty low pressure pumps that would cause the VST to run dry ?

Thanks

how about it ..anyone ?? fuel questions..and a WARNING

FYI.... I have been having some fuel related issues and posted several times... Rodbolt and seabob and others have been kind enough to help me out. My problem originally started out as a simple low pressure pump that was leaking gas out of the back side vacuum port. So I replaced the "leaker" , then the other two,, as advised. THATS when a different fuel related problem started ... So to make a long story and alot of torturous trouble shooting hours later....Because with 3 new fuel pumps, I had to have a problem else where. RIGHT ???? Well the problem turns out to be the 3 new MALLORY brand pumps that I saved 15 bucks each on over the OEM Yamaha cost. !!!!! They each Failed and stopped pumping fuel into the VST all within a few days of each other....Driving me crazy one at a time !!!!!. The MAllory pumps were a great deal !!!!!!!!!

Comment

As people say you get what you pay for

Did you replace them with the Yamaha ones this time or did you save some more money

Comment

What do you think ???

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me !!! I guess If I liked breaking down, having to continuously pump the ball to keep running, or sitting in the hot sun changing fuel pumps rather than enjoying the boat, then I would have given the Mallory's another shot.!!!!!

Comment

oring on top of vst pump or maybe a stuck open injector

Comment

Working...
          X