F115 oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 oil change

Gotta quick one for you folks after endless searching without an answer I am looking for(not that there isn't good ones bun gunshy after the F80) Gota about 5 hrs on my f115(2010 bought in late march but OT at work is killin my boating) and have followed the Manual break in to the letter of the law (right or wrong) and have a question. Factory fill is still in it and looks clean and bright. above the hash by about 1/4 of an inch after the tilt, let sit and re-check procedure. My question is I have a trip I am going on in the the next week in the Colombia river and am wondering if I am better off changing it now as opposed to the 20 hr interval or just runnin it and doing it when I get home...water temp will be ~55 deg. No excessive idling anyway, not WOT for more than 5 min yada yada..will put about 5 hrs on her during the trip running and cycling rpm's per yamaha using the T8 for *****ing...any input much appreciated! Motor was built 3/10 I bought it 3/11 new

Thx in advance..

Andy

just run it.
    no worries.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt much appreciated. assuming the oil was changed just before I had it rigged it wouldnt be that old either.

Comment

Working...
      X