fuel pump issue / please explain/2001 SX 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump issue / please explain/2001 SX 250

2001 SX 250 >>>Let me say That I think I have resolved the issue , but I don't understand the reasoning. So maybe someone could explain it to me.. .. The initial problem was an engine dieing at higher speed.... I found the middle fuel pump leaking out the back side and I replaced all three....after about a few days of normal operation, the engine would die after a few minutes of idling and not start. ..Pumping the ball would get it to start again and if i went to high speed right away, the engine would run fine. Back to idle speed for a few minutes, the engine would stall out again... I found the VST to be empty. ...Checking the pumps again, I found that blowing into the outlet of the top pump would allow minimal air to escape. the other two were air tight...So I replaced (again) the top pump. ...This seams to have solved the problem as I had the engine idling over a half hour....SO !!! I would think that one fuel pump may give me a problem at higher speeds... Why wouldn't the middle and lower pumps supply enough fuel to the VST to run at low speed... ????
    Last edited by ttles714; 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM.

cause all three have to work as they share common inlets and outlets.

Comment

Working...
    X