Needing to confirm year of a 150 2-stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing to confirm year of a 150 2-stroke

Reading through the forum I ran across a thread concerning the last digit of the model pertaining to the year of the motor. According to that thread I would have a 2000 year motor instead of a 1996. Can anyone verify the year from the following information. Model C150TLRY Serial 6G4L-302893

will indeed be a 2000 model.

Comment

I look at the online parts manual and the top cowling of the motor matches the 1996 150 engines not the 2000 year engines.

Comment

maybe some one has swapped parts from other motors
        look at bottom of this page , it shows meaning of model #s
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well it appears I better double check the numbers on the motor then since what I put iin the post came off of the purchase papers. I guess they could have wrote it down wrong and that means it was registered wrong, great.

Comment

Well checked the numbers on the motor and the dealer wrote the numbers down wrong on the papers it should be C150TLRU.

Comment

The letter " U " designates a 1996 motor. What year motor was this represented to be on the paperwork you have?

Comment

Represent and on the paperwork as a 1996 but the model that was written was the TLRY but the motor label has TLRU appears it was written down wrong. I looked at the regirtration and the serial number is what is on the registration, good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X