yamaha 150 2 stroke 4600 WOT RPM need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 150 2 stroke 4600 WOT RPM need help

I have a 1996 Yamaha 150 2 stroke on a 22' Hurricane deck boat at WOT it is only getting 4600RPM. I have a 14.5x17 Michigan 3 blade aluminum prop on it. What could be causing the low RPM's. I have it serviced every year and no statements about the motor just that there were no problems. When originally purchased this thing went like a you know what. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am going to check the usual Fuel areas, filters and hoses tomorrow when I pull it to clean.

Comment

Replaced plugs, lower gear oil and clean the bottom of the boat put it back in the water this morning and it pulled 5000rpm at WOT.

Comment

did you change any filters like you said?

The only Hurricane with a 150 in the performance site I found was running a smaller diameter prop and small pitch also and it was getting 5800 and 40MPH and it was a 23.2ft

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/p...1118-GFY-Z.pdf

Comment

Didn't change any of the filters appeared to be fine. I tried to open that link and it came back no longer available what was the oitch and diameter of that prop they were running?

Comment

Working...
          X