no guages are working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no guages are working

I just purchased a boat with an older Yamaha motor and none of my gauges are working with switch in the on position. The boat was originally wired for a Mercury motor. Where should I start looking to see why they are not working?

start by posting who made the guages and what control box/key switch assy is on board.
    you may also wish to post the model number of said outboard as over the years yamaha has made everything from a 2.5 to a V8 350 hp.

Comment

More information about my gauge problem

The gauges are what came factory on an 2000 Tracker Nitro 205FS boat.
      The control box is the Yamaha 703 control box. I would assume same year 1988 as the motor.

I get lights on all the gauges from the master power switch, but no function
      Gauges - Fuel,SpeedO,RPM, T/T, Volt, and Water Pressure.
      I know why for the water. just not hooked up to the foot. The others do nothing.
      I think that I just need to tap into the sending power wire from the switch but I just do not know where to start.

Comment

and we stiil dont know who made the gauge package but it wasn yamaha.
        on the 703 box, you will see a pigtail with a black,yellow,red and green wire.
        yellow is key on 12V to the guages,black is ground,red is constant 12v and dark green is tach send.

Comment

Working...
        X