Oil Pump Replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Replaced

I own a 2002 Yamaha 250 two stroke HPDI, with 540 hours. The alarm went off two weeks ago and after troubleshooting the problem, oil was not pumping from the reserve to the main tank (on the motor). So, I replaced the oil pump in the reserve tank last weekend. I installed and filled the reseve tank with oil. I pushed the down the switch on the motor and filled the main tank with oil. I think I pushed out any air that might have been in the line. It took several minutes to fill the main tank. Is that all I need to do? Will the oil pump on it's own and fill the main tank when the motor is running?

to test it, drain the engine tank,reinstall the water trap.
    turn on the key.
    you will get 3 bars flashing on the tach,the audible and the transfer pump will run for 180 seconds.
    by this time the engine tank should be close to full.
    if not chectk the filter on the remote tank.

Comment

Thanks for your help with the check step. Also, at what level does the main tank hold oil when the engine is running? There are two marks of the tank, 1/4 and 3/4 full.

Comment

it varys as the engine is running,when the level drops to about the lower mark SW2 closes and a transfer on is comanded,when the level rises to about the upper mark SW1 closes and a pump off is commanded.
        if the filter on the remote tank is restricted or a line pinched, the engine can consume oil faster than its transfered and SW3 will close setting RPM reduction,audible,visual indicate and another transfer on command.

Comment

Working...
        X