Oil transfer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil transfer issues

I have a 96 200 hp saltwater series II yamaha and i can't get oil to transfer from storage tank to motor tank, auto or manually. Not sure about the procedure for troubleshooting this problem? Have manual but this is not clear.

The most common cause is a plugged oil filter screen between the tank and the electric pump. You have to remove the oil tank from its bracket for access to the filter. If it is plugged, then it is also best to flush out the tank at the same time to avoid a reoccurance.

Comment

oil transfer issues

There is no voltage at coupler at the oil pump.

Comment

the brown wire at the coupler should always be 12V with the key on.
        the brown wire is spliced to the key on yellow wire about 6-8" past the engine 10 pin main harness coupler.
        the blue wire is the ECU controled ground path.
        I have some extensive posts on this system.

Comment

Oil Transfer issues

Rodbolt, how can I access the extensive posts that you mentioned? Also could you tell me what the yellow wire is that comes out of the bottom of the cpu into a bullet connector then around the right of the motor into a fourwire blue coupler where the yellow wire changes to brown, the wire from that point fourwire flat cable that appears to go to oil tranfer pump?
          Last edited by oldsalty; 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Do some advanced forum searching looking at Rods posts

Comment

oil transfer issues

I did get it to operate in manual but still not working in auto.HELP!!!!!

Comment

one day I outta do a sticky.
                if the system will transfer with the manual switch but not the automatic could be several things but it eliminates the brown wire and 90% of the blue wire.
                what does the digital tach display?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  one day I outta do a sticky.
                  Actually, you ought to write a book called "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Yamaha Saltwater Series 2-stroke Outboard Engine" and have separate sections on the SWS, SWSII, Ox66, and HPDI motors.

I'd buy an advance copy, I'll tell you that!

Comment

after yesterday I could write a book on how wrong the wireing diagram is on the F250 manual and how to find one loose pin at the ECM.
                    only took 7 hours.
                    was on a 36 grady with triple F250 engines.
                    just for fun I did it in the water with a 20 knot breeze.

to work on the OX66,HPDI and even the carbed motors actually requires some basic tools and some knowledge of basic DC electronics.
                    fuel pressure test guage,DVM and a DVA adapter and some test leads,paper clips can work,and the factory shop manual.

kinda like precision blend,there are many things at work at the same time,lose one and the system quits.

for automatic oil transfer to work on a 96 2.6L v6 it requires the ECU to see an engine run signal from a pulser coil,it requires SWB(remote tank switch to be closed.
                    it requires SW2 in the engine tank to be closed.
                    if the above conditons are met the ECU completes the pump ground path until SW1 closes,SWB opens or a pulser signal is lost.

Comment

oil transfer issues

Thanks for all the info and help with this problem. After further trobleshooting, did get transfer pump to operate in auto. Again thanks for everthing.

Comment

Working...
                      X