2008 Yamaha 60hp no juice to starter of fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Yamaha 60hp no juice to starter of fuel pump

I have been getting ready to fish and have been starting my motor for the past 4 days. This morning, right before I was going to launch, I tried to start it...and, no click, no slight beep of the fuel pump, and no start.

I turn the key and, nothing. Battery is completely charged. Checked all the fuses on top(the three inline, up near the flywheel. This is a tiller model. Also the trim button on the tiller no longer is working. The one on the upper shaft area IS. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Also, I put a meter on the harness that leads to the starter. Put the positive and negative on the posts of the battery (12.65) then tried the other end where it connects to the starter/solenoid. When I put the leads on the positive and the body of the starter it reads 12.65, yet when I put on the positive, with the negative on the negative post of starter solenoid, it reads 0.00 (with or without the key on)

Seems like I have an electrical problem I can't diagnose. Would there be any other fuses I might be missing(I also checked the fuse next to the starter)????

Thanks for any input

pescadito
    Last edited by pescadito; 06-28-2011, 10:56 AM.

try a voltage drop test.
    place the red meter lead on the positive battery post,not cable and the negative meter lead on the positive post on the starter relay,hit the key, any voltage over about .5 shows a bad cable/connection.
    next place the positive lead on a good block ground and the negative lead on the battery negative post.
    hit the key, anything more than .5V indicates a bad negative cable/connection.
    voltage drop can tell you just about anything you wish to know.

Comment

Working...
    X