Yamaha SWSII OX66 injector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha SWSII OX66 injector question

Was just wondering if its possible to clean the injector screens on my 2000 yamaha SWS II? Can the screens be removed without being damaged? The plan would be to remove the injectors, seperate the screens from the injector, clean if needed & re-assemble.

Thanks, Mike

I see the manual shows an exploded view of the injector and the screen can be seperated but does not list a replacement part number or a cleaning procedure.

Thanks Mike

Comment

yes they can be removed and sometimes cleaned.
      no yamaha does not offer it.
      look at a 7.4 MPI mercruiser in the 1998-2000 range and mercrusier offers it.

Comment

Thankyou !

Mike

Comment

i cleaned mine recently with a good carb cleaner, work out with a thin blade,slowly work around it
          while youre in the system, clean filter behind pressure regulator

Comment

Thanks JB,

What made you clean your injectors? performance problem or maintenance? If it was performance related did it cure your problem?

I've been through almost the whole fuel system recently trying to track down a lean sneeze. I went through the VST and the regulator filter. They were spotless thats why I held off on the injectors My problem turned out to be a bad 02 sensor. That cured my lean sneeze issue. Now after a long idle like no wake zones or running down my canal the idle will drop below 700 rpm. The tach will fluctuate between 6 & 700. Sometimes drop to 500 for a sec. More noticable in gear but has done it in nuetral too. I've even had it stall twice when the idle drops below 600. If I keep it at 700 it idles good. I would think being computer con*****ed the ecm would be able to maintain proper idle unless a mechanical problem exists. High pressure fuel stays steady around 35 ish when this happens. Low pressure pumps have been replaced. Might just need a tps adjustment or re-sync throttle plates & adjust idle. Couple people i've spoke with said possible clogged injector . I will look into Rodbolts recommendation for the replacement screens.

Thanks
            Mike

Comment

There's a pretty good recent thread on THT about injector cleaning. There's a couple home-made but effective procedures talked about and I believe a youtube video.
              1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
              1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Thanks,

Ill be sure to check it out

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X