Power tilt/trim problem on 25hp F25TLRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tilt/trim problem on 25hp F25TLRX

Hi - I am having a problem with the power tilt on my 25hp F25TLRX. It works fine going down but doesn't want to go up. It clicks when I push a button to tilt the outboard up - and eventually, after several tries, it will work and will raise the outboard. I don't really see any corrosion on any wires and think it's probably the tilt/trim hydraulic oil that needs to be replaced, or more added, but I don't really know how to do this.

This isn't covered in the manual and so far I can't tell how to do this by looking at the unit. I would be grateful for any information and I would like to do this work myself if this is possible. I think it is a 1999 outboard. Thanks

Anth,
    You described the same problem I had with my TT for years till I figured it out. If the clicking sound you hear is coming from the engine, then your contacts inside the PTT relay are probably burnt from arcing over time. I finally took my relay apart and found blackened contacts. After sanding them down to bare metal and replacing (not an easy task, cause you have to cut and re attach the leads in a good electrical and structural fashion) everything worked like brand new. I used solder,wire, and shrink wrap insulation to re attached the leads through the relay cover and silicon goop to seal the deal through the cover. Or you can cough up some bucks and just replace the relay, but they aren't cheap.

Comment

Working...
    X